Cancelled Subscription

A place for gaming that is not World of Warcraft.

Moderators: Speedious, Doomhammer Assholes, Zul'Jin Officers

Cancelled Subscription

Postby Speedious » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Just to let you all know I cancelled my subscription to SWTOR. No use paying for a game I can barley play. I will re-visit in a few months or when I see in the forums people with similar systems getting fixes.

Just so you all know my system specs are...

Intel Core i7 950 3.05Ghz
6GB Corsair Domminator
eVGA x58 SLI3 board
XFX Radeon 6970
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ RevoDrive X2 256GB
Corsair AX850 psu

Dell U3011 30" monitor
Dell U2212HM 21.5" monitors 2x
According to research, more people are showing up in emergency rooms with computer-related injuries. Computers are the number one killer of people killed by computers!
Speedious
Administrator & Doomhammer Realm Head Jerk

Re: Cancelled Subscription

Postby Sinao » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:08 am

Speedious wrote:Just to let you all know I cancelled my subscription to SWTOR. No use paying for a game I can barley play. I will re-visit in a few months or when I see in the forums people with similar systems getting fixes.

Just so you all know my system specs are...

Intel Core i7 950 3.05Ghz
6GB Corsair Domminator
eVGA x58 SLI3 board
XFX Radeon 6970
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ RevoDrive X2 256GB
Corsair AX850 psu

Dell U3011 30" monitor
Dell U2212HM 21.5" monitors 2x

Nvidia is mo bettah! :twak:
WoW
Xavero - Death Knight
Stravinsky - Warrior
Banditt - Rogue
Sinao - Druid
Carnijin - Shaman
Illustrious - Priest
Xatric - Warlock

"I phart rainbows..."
Sinao
McWeaksauce

Postby Speedious » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:42 am

nVidia wins in a way that blows donkey balls. It seems nVidia sends out more developer packs than rational. Most games released were developed with nVidia hardware and as such is more optimized. On the other hand the nVidia driver team is much more responsive than ATI/AMD.

Its not that nVidia hardware is better per se. Its that the nVidia hardware just works better with everything. Like how Intel hardware works better in the real world than AMD hardware. The AMD stuff is on par now but it just does not have the industry support because Intel also throws development kits out like candy.

I am seriously waiting for the new nVidia card coming in 4-6 months and I may get one. They tend to be slower in benchmarks but when your AMD card blows donkey balls in the new game you want to play and you are stuck waiting for the game maker AND AMD to get some fixes, F that.
According to research, more people are showing up in emergency rooms with computer-related injuries. Computers are the number one killer of people killed by computers!
Speedious
Administrator & Doomhammer Realm Head Jerk

Postby Logiibob » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:24 am

I think I will be joining this club... but for different reasons.

1. First, tanking is just retarded loop of stupid. Everything, I mean EVERYTHING has a gun... and I'm trying to bring a knife to a gun fight every single pull. The healer does a better job tanking pistol fire than I do. :nuke: Oh, I can throw my light saber - Cool downs are WAY to high. Why can't I pull a mob to me? Instead, I can push'em away... that helps alot. The DPS LOVES that.
2. The "Make a Choice" story was neat the first time around in an instance (still good for solo - which is where I think it should stay)... by the time you've done it a few times, it just gets old because you just wait for everyone to press space bar to skip. Instances should just "GIVE" social points with out the stupid, 111111111111 through stories that almost don't change... If your dark - just make the dark choice cause half the time it's the stupid choice anyways!
3. See 1... :mecker:
4. BUGS - Like Drem - I fly to the Fleet, go to the middle to use the bank, and it's like my machine gets hit by the stupid stick.
5. Interface - ... is target of target really that flipping hard to add to the game. The AH sucks... Dailies suck even worse cause half them take WAY to long to complete UNLESS your in a group.
6. Support - Put a ticket in to get something given back. "thank you for the ticket, we're aware it's a bug" blah blah blah... not fixing it, to bad, thanks for your subscription BS. /closedticket
7. You tried to tab out of this game? It's like loading it up over and over again.
8. See 1... :sex:
9. Me and my companion have a good relationship... but... most of the time I just want to say "If you talk again - I'm dropping your ass off on a ashtroid." I know I can't be the only one that thinks this - For example - EVERY TIME you walk by your robot on your ship... I would of deactivated him a LONG LONG LONG time ago.
10. I can NOT kill anything without my companion... As tank spec, I have no problem with it taking forever to kill something, but once again, I die before the mob dies.
11. Not DPS fault... but how about a threat meter of somekind - How about the ability to look at performance data - You sure the hell can do it on PVP.
12. PVP - :cry: Enough said.
13. PVP - Hey - tanking makes sense for once - I can't be killed! See 1.

I have 45 days left on my subscription... I think I'm going to try getting another class leveled so I might find some peace of mind of having no life.

Logi - Go See 1 again... :devilfire:
Logiibob
Zul'Jin Realm Head Jerk

Postby Beckwith » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:16 pm

First mistake, you decided to tank
Beckwith
Random Noise Generator

Postby Destrawd » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:12 am

Logii, don't fall on your light saber just yet. Patch 1.2 is being called the "Jesus" patch on all the forums because it's suppose to "save" the game. Now, since that's how it is being touted, if it doesn't massively change the game for the better...game over for Swtor.
As far as tanking goes, I haven't got to do any Ops or even flash points with mine yet. He's 50, and ok geared, but no one to play with on the other server. I started the Bounty on Hyper space cannon, and it is a world of difference. Things that where a challenge on the Juggernaut are super easy with my merc. So..if your gonna re-roll I would try a Merc. Super easy and FUN. Story line is pretty cool as well. BTW, You missed on a lot of kwl story line stuff by not finishing out your warrior class quests!!
-Dest
:popcorn:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,.... Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas
Destrawd
McWeaksauce

Return to Strategic Operations