Beta Invites & About Firefall

A place for gaming that is not World of Warcraft.

Moderators: Speedious, Doomhammer Assholes, Zul'Jin Officers

Beta Invites & About Firefall

Postby Kortanis » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Current beta testers are periodically awarded additional invites to give out.

I currently have 0 available, Beckwith has ?, and other members of OOM in Firefall may have invites available. Request an invite to the game via this thread and I will arrange for one to be sent to you. An invite requires that it be sent to an email address, please be prepared to PM an address to me.

The primary website is: http://www.firefallthegame.com

Please be aware that Red5, the developer of this game, is serious about wanting players to actively test the game and give feedback in-game or the forums. It is a true in-development beta. There are bugs, when you run into a bug, it will often get in the way of what you want to do. File a detailed bug, and move on. Discuss, but do not whine about the bugs you run into.

The type of game they are making is groundbreaking, I recommend you do your research and read up or watch videos from Red5 to better understand what Firefall is supposed to be, and why it is so different from other games. Here are a few major points.

• While it is an MMO shooter, it is a shooter first, and an MMO second.
  • This means that all players have roughly the same amount of power in the game.
  • Leveling a battleframe does necessarily not grant power, it grants customization of playstyle. It is not the focus of the game.
  • You are not supposed to be able to level your battleframe in a few days, or even a few weeks.
  • It is not World of Warcraft. In any way. No comparison to WoW will make sense.
  • It is free-to-play. No paid transaction will grant you more power on the battlefield.
  • Any system you see in-game is subject to change. You will never lose your earned XP or purchased items, but you may lose anything else. Do not be indignant if and when any sort of reset occurs.
  • Red5 cares about the player opinions. They are on the game servers often, they are always watching the forums, and they shape the game as a shared vision between Red5 and the players.
  • If you don't believe the above point, try being a total asshat on the forums accusing Red5 of ignoring you and watch as the CEO, design leads, developers, artists, or other staff correct your misconceptions. :grin:
  • Lastly, the amazing about this whole experience is, it may fail. There are so many things about Firefall that are radically different from the status quo in current day gaming, and it may fall flat on it's face. It's quite a neat experiment to be a part of.
Last edited by Kortanis on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kortanis
I love Bacon!

Re: Beta Invites & About Firefall

Postby Destrawd » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 am

Hey Kort,
My son is ~17 and LOVES gaming :mrgreen: He's been active on steam since TF2 was just the orange box and loves shooters. This sounds like it would be right up his alley. Let me know if you have any invites left. He would make a good beta tester for this.
-Dest
:popcorn:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,.... Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas
Destrawd
McWeaksauce

Postby Beckwith » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Destrawd wrote:Hey Kort,
My son is ~17 and LOVES gaming :mrgreen: He's been active on steam since TF2 was just the orange box and loves shooters. This sounds like it would be right up his alley. Let me know if you have any invites left. He would make a good beta tester for this.
-Dest

I will check to see if I have any invites as well.
Beckwith
Random Noise Generator

Postby Kortanis » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Destrawd wrote:Hey Kort,
-Dest
No problem. The invitation has to be addressed to an email account, PM me with the email address to send it to.
Kortanis
I love Bacon!

Postby luvbacon » Sun May 19, 2013 5:51 pm

wtb beta invite. pst
Luvbacon the Proven Healer ;)
My Twitter = @luvbac0n
My Blog = http://totemploppin.wordpress.com/
luvbacon
McWeaksauce

Postby Kortanis » Sun May 19, 2013 11:08 pm

luvbacon wrote:wtb beta invite. pst
Sent!
Kortanis
I love Bacon!

Postby luvbacon » Sun May 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Awesome!
Luvbacon the Proven Healer ;)
My Twitter = @luvbac0n
My Blog = http://totemploppin.wordpress.com/
luvbacon
McWeaksauce

Postby Avada » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Hey guys, I'm planning on being home on Sunday, probably after the free weekend is over. Anyone have a beta key available?

On Twitter @Avadazthepriest and Streaming on Twitch at Twitch.tv/Wildcard51

Avada
noobalicous

Postby Kortanis » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Sorry Avada, while I have a subscription to this thread I don't think I was notified to your reply. Please PM me for a beta key Note that the closed beta ends in a few weeks, but you will get in sooner.
Kortanis
I love Bacon!

Postby Kortanis » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:28 am

Avada, it is sent.

I currently have no more beta invites. Closed Beta and Founders Packs end and Open Beta opens on July 9th.
Kortanis
I love Bacon!

Postby Kortanis » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:12 am

Wow, I had the most recent post in a forum, a year later? How odd!

Now that the Firefall sub-forum is gone, Firefall is releasing on July 29th and my focus. Early access is available if you had beta access and there is a steam version of the client available here: http://www.firefallthegame.com/download-firefall/download-and-play-free-now

There is still an OOM army, at least for now. Let me know if you are interested in playing otherwise I'll probably merge the army into someone else's. Even if there's enough casual interest then I'll keep the army around.

So far I only really have positive things to say about the game, though it has evolved greatly from the early beta days that captured my imagination so much. As a free-to-play mmo, I'd say don't pass up at least trying it out. Let me know if you do.
Kortanis
I love Bacon!

Postby Johnnylynn » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:58 am

Hey I started a Firefall account, release drops in 2 days and I'd like to know some peeps there as not to have to deal with the usual MMO retards. I cant log in to choose realm or toon until then, so if there is a specific realm our army is on please let me know. Thank you and hope to shoot some shit with ya'll!!!
Johnnylynn
noob

Postby Kortanis » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:15 pm

The game will start putting you on "shards" that are common to the people you tend to play with, so you don't have to worry about choosing. Any time you join a group simply type /joinleader to load into the shard they are on.
Kortanis
I love Bacon!

Return to Strategic Operations