Prôfane - DPS Priest

Fresh Sheep for the Predators. Unicorn Farts and Guild Cake!

Moderators: Speedious, Logiibob, Doomhammer Assholes, Zul'Jin Officers

Prôfane - DPS Priest

Postby Profane » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Character Name: Prôfane

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... ane/simple

Realm: Zuljin

Class: Priest

Role: DPS

Another Role: No

World of Logs: I am unsure if logs were even kept in my last guild, and if they were where they are. I usually check them regularly but the previous guild was so...disorganized that I developed an "I don't give a shit" attitude. I left because I realized I had developed it lol.

Not a Minor: Yes

Willing to seat: Yes

Latency Issues: No

About my Boss Sources : Yes, I like to do watching of the fights (usually fatboss cause those guys are funny) but also doing some reading so I understand the abilities that I'll come in contact with so I can figure out tricks to avoid or anything. (Example on Flamebender, knowing I can solo absorb the meteor on heroic at least with dispersion. Knowing exactly how much it hits for, doing the math with how much dispersion "blocks", etc.)

My most proud in-game feat or achievement: "Did Somebody Order a Knuckle Sandwich?" as a priest.

jk.

Undying is one that I worked for. Really happy that I have both a heroic Ascendant Council kill, and heroic Sinestra with dates when it was current content.

Shoot, just having over 18k when I took a year off is pretty darn good. lol.

Profane
noob

Re: Prôfane - DPS Priest

Postby Profane » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Hey, was just wondering about the status of my application? I had talked to Keldoran on Monday and he had mentioned something about joining ya'll that night possibly. Obviously I didn't get an invite, but I figured tomorrow (Tuesday) might be when he was talking. I've stayed out of BRF incase ya'll bring me tomorrow (Thursday)(even though it doesn't actually save me, I just hate doing raids for "no reason/loot").

I was also whispered by someone else (assuming an officer if not the GM from OOM, but I can't remember who exactly) on Monday night to give ya'll 24 hours and you'd get back to me. I stayed on my priest for a few hours before your raid time yesterday (Tuesday). I've been spending more time on the priest with the new stuff that came out, but I'll leave you my btag just incase I'm on an alt. profane#1515
Profane
noob

Postby Stoic » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:54 am

Hey Profane thanks for your application and your follow up. My name is Stoic, I'm one of the Officer in OOM, I was the one who whispered you to ask for 24 hours, I apologize that I haven't gotten back to you sooner.

Your application looks good and your persistence even better. We'd like to get you on board but before we do I have to make you aware of some things so you can make the best possible decision for your game experience.

We recently were having some roster issues with the usual ebb and flow of raiding schedules, semesters, lives etc. We are a mature adult guild which tries to be as reasonable as possible with our raiders' real life responsibilities and constraints. That being the case we have a very large pool of standby players to make sure that we don't have to cancel raids due to ppl having nonnegotiable plans/responsibilities.

As a result of our recruitment we recently had another guild around similar progress and with some ties to OOM join us to bolster our ranks. Being that Normal and Heroic are flexed content up to 30 this works out quite well. We are able to accommodate everyone and everyone is happy. For those both interested in Mythic Progression things get far more competitive the more ppl are in the player pool. Those spots are determined by the Officers based on the typical criteria with a heavy emphasis on Attitude and flexibility. We expect not everyone to be happy about our decision but that's the nature of raiding with a cookie cutter size. Spots will be determined by the encounter first and foremost, and subsequently by composition: Raid CDs etc. The last criteria goes to performance and attitude. We do go the extra mile to get our "Standby" players for Mythic as much exposure to the encounters as possible. We keep tabs on everyone's gear needs and unless a player is required to kill the fight we rotate ppl who don't need gear out in so Standbys have a chance at gear and seeing the encounter. We go alot further than many guilds our level to ensure when we need someone to fill, they are geared appropriately so we don't lose valuable time.

So why am I writing all this? Because I want you to be fully aware of the situation: We are more than happy to have you on board and should be able to get you in on Heroic content on a regular basis. With having 30 raid capable members it makes Mythic spots very competitive and each player will be judged on their own merit, not on their rank, or affiliation, or who they know. I wanted to give you the heads up that we can't offer any guarantee for Mythic spots but Flexed content shouldn't be an issue. I want you to be able to make the best decision for yourself to get the most from your 15$ a month. OOM is more than a guild, it's a community. While we recruit your character, we're more interested in the person behind the character. If you are looking for more surety in getting a Mythic spot then we completely understand, there are alot of other good guilds on the server. Here are the numbers, don't be too daunted =)
Total Roster: 33 ppl, Ranged DPS: 12, Total Spreists: 2 (1 vet 1 new)

If you want to join our great community after all that caveat then feel free to poke one of the officers for an Invite: Keldoran, Logiibob, Perucho, or myself Stoic (btag is on sig)
Stoic
McWeaksauce

Postby Profane » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:48 am

Well, I guess I misunderstood what Keldoran told me when I responded to his guild recruitment "spam" in trade.

"We were 2/7 Mythic, but had some players leave as we were starting Mythic. Currently having same issues now, few players have retired or had schedules change so couldn't meet our raid times. So things are progressing for us, but a bit slower than I'd like heh, hoping to fill ing some blank spots with quality players so we can get back to mythic killing."

From that I assumed that ya'll had empty spots for mythic, not a 13 person bench (14 if I joined). While I'm all about proving myself and earning my spot, it doesn't sound like there's even a spot to give, capable or not, from Stoic's response in my app. Sounds like LOTS of swaps and subbing, which could result in a lot of sitting. While I don't mind sitting occasionally to get someone a piece of gear off a boss that I don't need gear on, I do mind a LOT of sitting. I'm pretty reasonable about it, but for my $15 a month it sounds like there could possibly be a lot of sitting, whether I've proved myself capable or not.

But I do appreciate your time and consideration. GL
Profane
noob

Postby Stoic » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:56 am

Yeah that's fine, which is why I wanted to give you the heads up. In all fairness when Keldoran was recruiting we were short, but we picked up 12 people overnight which changed things alot!

Best of luck in your search!
Stoic
McWeaksauce

Return to Recruitment - Zul'Jin Horde Raiding