WoD Challenge Modes

Snarl and yip about Class Mechanics, Boss Killing, and Killing Mobs.

Moderators: Speedious, Logiibob, Doomhammer Assholes, Zul'Jin Officers

WoD Challenge Modes

Postby Wylds » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:49 pm

So decided to make a new thread to talk about Warlords Challenge Modes. So as of right now most nights I don't get on until around 9-930ish and it seems to me that most everyone has already run there CM for the day. I have decided to host a CM (hopefully) daily to try and alleviate this problem. Somewhat selfish perhaps but I also thought "Hey why not try and set up the ideal group for pushing CM golds". So my thought process was to host somewhat of a tryout nightly to get the CM daily and evaluate people while in the process of setting up that ideal group. If people would be interested please post below or sign up on the calendar.

So in my opinion the absolute MOST ideal group at the moment would be
Blood DK
Disc Priest/Resto Druid
Mage/Shaman/Warlock/Hunter
but in my opinion that is for pushing realm best times.
I think they can also be done with
Prot Pally, Ret Pally, Windwalker, DPS warrior, and I have heard Shadow and Boomkin can be strong as well.

Without coming across as selfish or egocentric I will be playing WW monk and would very much like to not take more than one melee. It sucks because I don't want to cut out some other really good melee but y'all know that it can be somewhat of a cluster!@%^ with 2 melee. As of right now I think that WW has a lot to offer, very good control (FoF, Leg Sweep), very good AoE/cleave (chi explosion, Xuen/RJW) and decent survivability( diffuse magic, Touch of Karma, Fort Brew). It lacks somewhat in the burst department but if we are quick enough and I can handle TeB stacks effectively, leading with FoF with x10 TeB stacks is quite good. So that being said if the ideal group isn't progressing as they should or the majority of the group thinks WW monk or myself is a problem I have no problem bowing out for someone else and then having someone else pick up the leadership position. Also, if for some reason you feel hurt or upset that I didn't pick you well there are multiples of most class in the guild feel free to try and set up a gold CM group on your own.

So gunna throw some names of people that I think would be interested (mostly people that I have run CMs with previously with whether it be in MoP or WoD)
Tanks
Keld- Prot Pally
Stoic- Prot War
Dronan- Resto Druid
Logi- Resto Druid
Exbones- Warlock
Aeviso- Mage
Mango- Hunter

and some people that I haven't played much with (in CMs) but would like to see how they fare in CMs
Bubble- Guardian Druid
Zaneris- Warlock
Dice- Mage
Melons- Ret
Stinky- Warlock
Saslee- Mage
Charlee- Disc Priest
Chilly- Ele Sham

I know not everyone on the list will be interested, so if you are not please just disregard.
probably forgot some people this was just going off the top of my head. And again if you are interested please reply on this thread.
-Side Note to Sel and Sid
I have no idea how rogues are at the moment so I apologize for leaving y'all out.
-Side Side Note
one of the few guides I could come across
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/164 ... Guides-8-8
So again if anyone is interested PLEASE post and lets get these "tryouts" underway.
Wylds
noobtastic

Re: WoD Challenge Modes

Postby Selarintha » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:48 am

Ya know I'm in Wylds.

As for how we are doing. We're in a pretty good spot single target we can usually hold top depending on classes and mechanics. Least in groups i've been with.

Aoe wise we can perform pretty competetivly. However the fast the group dies the shittier our dps looks
Selarintha
noob

Postby Zhaoyun » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:47 am

I'm in. I don't know how my gear fares but I'm at 621 right now as a blood DK.
Zhaoyun
McWeaksauce

Postby Dronan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:23 am

Hey all, CM Gold guide videos are up on youtube, here is an Auch one for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk8FtjvqPQw

I expect everyone who is serious about getting these cleared ASAP to familiarize yourself with the strategies and crazy pulls required to complete gold time. On top of that, please make sure you are almost completely itemized correctly and be prepared to come with flasks/food/pots.

Hopefully I will be able to get a scheduled run going on weekends (up for discussion), but that relies on holidays/time slots as we are about to go into our crazy raid schedule.

Final thing to note: On our first clears for gold, I will be looking to put together an optimal group. This means proper buff coverage, AoE clear potential, stun/interrupt rotations, ranged>>melee, yadayada. Direct any hate mail to me on these subjects if I decide to take another person over you. I'm a big boy and can handle it, but if you have any questions regarding my sanity for optimal groups - please check WoWProgress and look at the typical setups on gold medals. The preferences are REAL. I promise that once we are able to get gold times down in our sleep, we will cycle in those who did not originally get picked. Until that happens, I am personally willing to help get people their silver medals in the meantime for the sexy yeti mount.

PS: As Wyld mentioned in his post - if you want to get your own Cmode group running, that's cool too. I'd love to see the whole team decked out in yeti mounts before mythic pops! :grin:
Dronan
noob

Postby Chilly » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:32 am

I'm down to run with you Wylds, just let me know when!

I run CM's with Logii or Watermelons for our Daily but have not yet tried to push for gold.

I'm always in game/vent so feel free to shoot me a tell when you want to talk.
Chilly
noob

Postby Zanerias » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:47 pm

I'd definitely be down for some potential medal runs in the near future as well.
Zanerias
noob

Postby Lyndari » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:01 pm

I am interested in running these. Need practice and some more gear but that's what it's about right?? :mrgreen:

Lynd
Lyndari
noobtastic

Postby Perucho » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:08 pm

I am interested too Wyld, but like you said we cant have too much melee, thats why I removed myself out of the signup you had last night because I saw Seld already there.
Perucho
p0stwh0re

Postby Wylds » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:06 pm

If people are really serious about this then you need to perfectly itemized for CMs which means that you need to have your best stats on every piece. If it has a socket and is your second best piece, you need to farm up the best piece because sockets mean nothing in CM. If it your second best piece and its warforged you need to farm the best piece because warforged means nothing in CMs. I don't care about item level,(if you are above 630) it doesn't matter in CMs you just need to be 630 with perfectly itemized gear.

Also something else to note is I think it would be a good idea to use your secondary specialization to create an offspec with different glyphs and talents because you can no longer switch talents or glyphs in the middle of a CM. So for example I as WW would have my primary with Chi Explosion and Rushing Jade Wind and unglyph my Fists of Fury so that it would stun I would use this on trash and bosses with adds. And then my secondary would be Serenity and Xuen and glyph my FoF so I could move while using it for single target bosses etc.
Wylds
noobtastic

Postby Xbones » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:14 am

Yeah Wylds, that's what I've been having to do since they removed the rain of fire generation from embers. Almost all of my aoe is from cataclysm now, which is near useless on a single target fight. It does make it somewhat frustrating, especially when on gold runs there are points where you want to pull the trash into the boss. You have to be out of combat to switch specs, and some gold runs don't allow for much of this.
Xbones
noob

Postby Wylds » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:31 am

:bump:
a bizzump for this thread so I can get to the guides more quickly without searching through the forums lol

SO to the people I did Silver with are Sundays and Wednesday still good for y'all like 9ish?

And any preferences to which ones we do first? I am thinking Grimrail, and Iron Docks. We'll leave FUCKING SKYREACH for last. I think the rest are relatively on the same level of difficulty, Auchindoun may be the 3rd easiest, its basically just that last pull before the 2nd boss that can fuck the instance over.
Wylds
noobtastic

Postby Driedmango » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:02 am

So yeah...BM mastery just got buffed and I've been stacking mastery gear for my CM mode set. :devilking:

One day a week is better for me -- likely Friday or Sunday.
Driedmango
noobtastic

Postby Perucho » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:14 am

Wyld,

If you have spot open at any point, let me know if you can afford to have a non range dps :)
Perucho
p0stwh0re

Postby Zhaoyun » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:18 pm

Do you still need a tank?
Zhaoyun
McWeaksauce

Postby Wylds » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:36 pm

CMs are resuming on Sundays and Wednesdays at 830.
I am currently looking for a ranged dps preferably with lust and a healer.
Please whisper me in game or reply to this post.
Wylds
noobtastic

Next

Return to Predator's Den