Our Next Chapter

Snarl and yip about Class Mechanics, Boss Killing, and Killing Mobs.

Moderators: Speedious, Logiibob, Doomhammer Assholes, Zul'Jin Officers

Our Next Chapter

Postby Logiibob » Sun May 24, 2015 9:56 pm

Good News Everyone!

As my previous post pointed out, the Zul'jin team has come under some dark times. In the last few months, I have tried to defeat the WoD burnout boss with recruitment, guild merges, and brute force. At last, I've come to the end of my rope.

In the last few months, I've contacted SEVERAL guilds on the Zul'jin server in hopes to solve our roster issues. In that time, I meant several groups that had mixed feelings about what I was offering. With our recent round of issues, I reached back out to these groups with a different idea.

The way I view things, here are the options I think we have:

1. Join the guild Anti Clockwise.
  2. Join Mass Casualty.
  3. Become a Heroic Only Guild.
  4. Start Over on Zul'jin - Again.

About Option 1: Join the guild Anti Clockwise.

In the last few months, this was one of the guilds that I kept trying to absorb. However, they have a strong culture and felt that they had enough to continue on and didn't want to join our ranks. They did offer to CO-Raid with us, however, this option now isn't an option after the latest mass exit.

I was prepared to join them and began chatting with their GM to make this happen. However, their leadership given me several mixed messages. In the end, I feel that we wouldn't be able to continue the style of raiding we're accustom too and progress at the rate I feel is acceptable.

About Option 2: Join Mass Casualty

Between all the groups I talked too, this group seems to be 'most' like minded as us. They share a lot of the same ideas and philosophies that I have about the World of Warcraft Community.

Their players come from all different areas of the game. Some use to play in top guilds, some started out in this guild and became the player they are today. Mass Casualty is currently 3/10M and have a mythic roster that has could use our ranks.

This is the Option that I'm going with - more info below.

About Option 3:

This is the boring option and I think wouldn't keep my interest very long. This type of gaming is what we've been doing in hopes to do better for the last 3 months. I believe this just isn't for us.

About Option 4:

This is an option, and I've done it at least 3 times in the history of OOM. However, my real life priorities have changed and I don't have the energy to do it again. This last round cut me deep. Not even a -- look, we feel this way --. The long and short version of it is that I'm looking to be the guy responsible for X and maybe Y. Not A through Z. Basically:

Dramatic, I know :wave:

!!!! --- SO --- !!!!

My goal was to find us a new home where we can continue play this game as a group and have fun doing it. Of course killing new dragons was a requirement. As such, the Out of Mobs Zul'jin team will be transitioning to Mass Casualty this week if we find that their a good fit for us.

First, I'm going to talk about the changes and differences you can expect.

1. Raid Times will be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
2. Raid Times will be 8:00 - 11:00. (I've already expressed that few of you maybe few mins late - Cool - just let me k now).
3. They expect you to use 125 food instead of the 100 food. That was the only requirement that they enforce that wasn't enforced by me. Because of the short notice, I'll try and provide you food for the first couple nights.
4. They use a Loot council that is powered by EPGP. This is almost exactly what we already do. You already have EPGPLootmaster installed. /clap

Once/If we move over, I will be an officer of the guild. My primary role is to assist their raid leader(gm). I will also be reworking their website and help ensure you guys and new folks are having a good time in the guild.

So far, I've only heard from a few of you if your on Team Logi. If you wouldn't mind posting a /woot on this tread so that I know your on board.

Please reach out to me if you have any concerns - Logiibob#1659. (text @ four 7 9 - eight seven 6 - 97zero9) So, I've gotten everyone an e-card to welcome you:

Possibly the last OOM official post -- Signed

Logiibob :shock:
Attachments
NewHome.png
(37.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
treeaxeddown_small.jpg
(18.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Logiibob
Zul'Jin Realm Head Jerk

Re: Our Next Chapter

Postby Firewood » Mon May 25, 2015 3:43 am

Count me in

Can you confirm what time zone 8-11pm is, is it EST?

Also what time the guild chat on tuesday at (EST)?
Firewood
McWeaksauce

Postby Zhaoyun » Mon May 25, 2015 7:09 am

I'm with you man. Two questions, am I tanking or do I have to do something else? And should I go full Chode?
Zhaoyun
McWeaksauce

Postby Keldoran » Mon May 25, 2015 10:47 am

Time zone is same. EST. Same server time as well, so starting and ending 30 min sooner than now.

And have you down as a tank Zhao, unless you are looking to change it up. But you will have to tank CM golds for me first.
Keldoran
noobalicous

Postby Zhaoyun » Mon May 25, 2015 12:19 pm

Keld, any time you want boo.
Zhaoyun
McWeaksauce

Postby Selarintha » Mon May 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Chode's my CM gold tank!!
Selarintha
noob

Postby Leadora » Thu May 28, 2015 12:01 am

I get swamped by schoolwork and thunderstorms, come back to THIS.

...Also, Mass Casualty was the guild I left to join you guys.... so.... yeah, if you guys DO merge, I guess I'll have to casualfart around in my friends' guild Bound since I don't feel like babysitting Tihealy ever again. And also Ama (the GM) holding down his keybind and rolling his face around on the keyboard is pretty annoying when he's not MOUTHBREATHING into his mic like a fat kid running track.

I know it might be too late, but I'm back here crying, "TURN BACK! TURN BACK!" but really my opinion doesn't hold much weight because I've been AWOL for a while.

Sorry, I'm grumpy. I love you guys, though. I've had this horrible karma of booting up my desktop, and then a power surge knocks it out 20 minutes afterward. I've wanted to play, but fuck this Texas weather.

If this does go through, I would like to keep in touch with the majority of you. I LIKE you guys. You're not too serious, you have a fucking sense of humor, and you've always been fair (to me, anyway).
Leadora
noob

Postby Wylds » Thu May 28, 2015 7:38 pm

JK
its aight so far
disagree with some of there decisions and stuff but so far so alright
Wylds
noobtastic

Postby Logiibob » Fri May 29, 2015 9:53 am

For the most part guys, I think I'm sold with these guys. I've had a fun time, even with me noobing it up number wise. I'm interested in everyones feedback and I've tried addressing all the concerns thrown at me so far.

On Tuesday, we'll start jumping ship so that everyone can say Hi and /party. I might stick around in OOM for a couple days past that to catch peeps that logs in to remind them that their welcome to follow us. There is nothing wrong with having an Alt in Out of Mobs, it's not going anywhere.

Leadora wrote:...Also, Mass Casualty was the guild I left...

Lea, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with MC. I had a chat with them about your time there in order to try and figure out what was different then and now. There are several items that were in play then that aren't in play today, even the other way around. These guys aren't the type of players to hold grudges against people (neither am I). If you keep that in mind, I think you wouldn't have a problem coming with us.

Logi :shock:
Logiibob
Zul'Jin Realm Head Jerk

Postby Firewood » Fri May 29, 2015 10:30 am

All in all, i think things are organised well, good focus on continuing to pull and no long debates about strat is good. They got their strat and they stick to it, which i like.

I think we'll see things in more detail as we move in 6.2 and the new raid content.

Personally didn't have the best night on Thursday but shit happens i guess. Happy to move along and kill some shit.

Logii, how do we post about absence and stuff as I'm away on business later in June.
Firewood
McWeaksauce

Postby phoenixforce » Fri May 29, 2015 4:56 pm

Move back to Doomhammer bitches. The world ship is near anyway.
phoenixforce
p0stwh0re

Postby Wylds » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:40 pm

SOoooo we should try and create another dual website!! I have to say their enjin is very lackluster from what I saw. So make em join this one yeaaah! lol
Wylds
noobtastic

Postby Logiibob » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:43 am

Wylds wrote:SOoooo we should try and create another dual website!! I have to say their enjin is very lackluster from what I saw. So make em join this one yeaaah! lol

I'm trying to get details of what they want. I learned Ava is paying 30 a month to have that site. All he uses it for is to post the kill videos.

Logi :shock:
Logiibob
Zul'Jin Realm Head Jerk

Postby Selarintha » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:24 pm

I could have told you the cost of that site. Used it a few years back for a guild I was Co GM of. It's an alright site but it doesn't leave a lot of room for cutomization in the end.
Selarintha
noob

Postby dakziir » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:50 pm

A MONTH!!!!!!! Holy shit. Thats terrible.
dakziir
noob

Next

Return to Predator's Den