Router Suggestion

You went full retard. You never go full retard.

Moderators: Speedious, Doomhammer Assholes, Zul'Jin Officers

Router Suggestion

Postby Logiibob » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:34 pm

I'm in the networking world and have high demands from my router. To date, I've ran a full computer (linux/iptables) acting has a router and I can tell you that the only thing that could stop it is hardware failure.

But - lately I'm looking to reduce some things and simplify.

Yesterday I purchased:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6833320154

I've been beating it with all kinds of data sticks and it has done better than I expected.

I can recommend it to people if your in the market for a new router that will perform (and because I found it cheaper).

Logi :shock:
Logiibob
Zul'Jin Realm Head Jerk

Re: Router Suggestion

Postby Speedious » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:46 pm

I have a RT-N66U that i use for just wireless. Was pondering seeing if it could handle my torrent load over my now upgraded 20/300Mb cable connection. That Dell Pentium 4 box you helped me setup still runs like a champ and I can not bog it down for anything, so I am hesitant to try anything else.

Built a mini ITX system with a core i3 mobile to replace the Dell. Still have yet to finish setting it up because I am bad at Linux.
According to research, more people are showing up in emergency rooms with computer-related injuries. Computers are the number one killer of people killed by computers!
Speedious
Administrator & Doomhammer Realm Head Jerk

Return to General Retardation