Sometimes trade channel makes sense

You went full retard. You never go full retard.

Moderators: Speedious, Doomhammer Assholes, Zul'Jin Officers

Sometimes trade channel makes sense

Postby Ddeath » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:37 pm

Was glancing at trade one day waiting on pvp quene and someone asked " All I do is pvp, if I want to pve raid again what class should I level?"
I was expecting the normal troll responces but instead got " Roll a hunter if you want to raid". Now this was expected but the following trade discussion actually surprised me.

"Yes roll a hunter if you want to raid, they always have a job to do"

"If you know how to play roll a hunter, raid leaders like hunters to take care of the mechanics"
etc.

This is not how I normaly hear or even thought of hunters in the current raiding enviroment. Usaully things like "faceroll", "easy", and "noobs" were the key describers of hunters. So when did hunters turn from "range dps" into wrenches to handle key mechanics? I just figured Logi and Mango just liked picking on hunters =)

Once I stopped heroic progression tanking I palyed every class and hunter just appealed most to me for no real special reasons, though exoitic pets are the best, exept that hunters could solo so much as they are their own tank, healer, and dps in one.

Just something odd I read and thought I would share. :popcorn:
Ddeath
noob

Re: Sometimes trade channel makes sense

Postby Wylds » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:24 pm

Wow that is really interesting to hear!!
Finally some love for hunters, but honestly I hated the "bitch" duties LOL.

Another trade chat conversation I over heard (or saw since I read it) was that Jameis Winston would be a perfect fit for the Jets.
It was during the Rose Bowl that this person said it and I just died laughing.
If you aren't familiar with the Jets they have had some QB problems in recent years.
Wylds
noobtastic

Postby Stoic » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:38 am

Aspect of the Fox has certainly solidified Hunters' spot in raiding groups. Almost all top end guilds are running 2.
Even without it hunters always had a niche like you said, they are really good at the 'crap' assignments because of their movement potential and DPS while moving. You can assign a caster to do the same job but they'd likely lose 20-30% of their DPS in doing so where-as you can assign a hunter and they'll lose 5-10%. They are an easy choice for a RL.

I think the strongest new Raid CD is Amp. Magic tho. While Mages have never had to fight for a raid spot..ever, since getting TW esp, having 2-3 AMs in a raid is very beneficial.

The class I think that brings the least to the table atm which needs a buff is Rogues. Sorry Sid and Sel. Most conversations by top end raid leaders atm are agreeing that Rogues are the ugly duckling in WOD. Now this doesn't mean anything for us in terms of our comp, it does lend credence to the complaints that Rogues have been saying. The damage buffs have been helpful but atm Rogue damage needs to be freaking outstanding to get them a guaranteed spot in general like mages/hunters/warriors/druids have. Smokebomb needs to be like 2-3 times the size for PvE only, like Tranq radius. In PvP it needs to stay small, and maybe like 30% dmg reduction.
Stoic
McWeaksauce

Postby Wylds » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:32 pm

I can agree that rogues are kind of shafted atm, mid of the pack dps and poor raid CDs. Is combat really that bad or did they change it because I think they could really shine on Twins and Tectus with Balde Flurry.

But that's going off what I have known of rogues as of like 5.1 lol.

MMO monk forums are kind of going hysterical atm because it seems that monk (and other melee besides Warrior) scaling is abysmal in Blackrock Foundry. So people are saying the sky is falling for WW, and with half the raid as single-target our cleave niche isn't too appealing for RLs.
But that's not my opinion we shall see before I make any speculation.
Wylds
noobtastic

Postby Stoic » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:39 pm

Thing is 2 and 4 set pieces are going to have a HUGE impact on class balancing. For some classes its literally going to take them from zero to hero. Those doing really well atm have the set bonuses that are good, but not game changing. So yeah those who came out of the gate super strong are going to be QQing alot when BrF gear is out.
Stoic
McWeaksauce

Postby Wylds » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:39 am

Except the scaling problems have nothing to do with tier set bonuses. The set bonuses are broKen for pretty much everyone.

The scaling problem is exactly what it says it is, a scaling problem.
Not sure what is causing the scaling problem now, my guess would be the rescaling of agility and AP. I know for most agi classes (cept hunters because of broken AotH) in previous expansions they had a relatively slow start because AP is relatively low with heroic gear. This doesn't affect Warriors too much because they are all about the Weapon Damage.
But with the Agi and AP changes I think they botched scaling for those classes.

But that is just my speculation.
Wylds
noobtastic

Postby Stoic » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:50 pm

yeah, there is stat scaling and then 'power' scaling. I was refering more to the later. The power curb is going to be heavily influenced by set bonuses, more than ever before I'm forseeing. I think once they see the data in BrF they'll likely undo some of the specific nerfs that they doled out on WW. Remember the balancing at launch was done based on BrF data, so I suspect they'll kinda go back to that.
Stoic
McWeaksauce

Return to General Retardation